Responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable processes, including accurate invoice processing, invoice error resolution, payment runs, and vendor maintenance. The Accounts Payable Specialist is also responsible for the timely response to all Accounts Payable inquiries.
- Process accounts payable invoices (PO & NON-PO) in accordance with policies, procedures and SOX compliance. Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices. Identify and prioritize processing of invoices earning vendor discounts.
- Perform daily reconciliation of freight and contract shop invoices imported into AP’s system from different ERP systems. Process invoices from error log created by AP’s scanning software. Perform vendor statement reconciliations. Perform periodic analysis of duplicate, open and unpaid invoices.
- Process and complete all scheduled payment runs. Coordinate payment activities with Treasury, according to the prescribed process including resolving payment issues. Analyze the payment proposal to ensure electronic methods are maximized. Ensure remittance information is accurate, including routing and account information for electronic payments.
- Special projects 15%
- Maintain all aspects of the vendor master files. This includes set-up, changes, and deactivations of vendors. Assist with monthly reporting and audits. Perform monthly vendor master change review. Lead efforts in resolving IRS B-notices and perform backup withholding where applicable.
- GATX Corporation and segments – all departments and management levels throughout the
- Vendors – all vendors of GATX Corporation and segments.
- Determine which inquiries are beyond the scope of the Accounts Payable position and direct to the appropriate department.
- Ensure invoices have the appropriate approvals and documentation.
- Coordinate invoice resolution of PO invoices with appropriate individual to correct any quantity, pricing, or goods receipt issues.
- Verify all payments are complete and accurate.
- Determine which vendors are more suitable for the virtual credit card program versus ACH/EFT.
- Identifying & prioritize invoice processing for earning maximum discounts.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelors preferred: Finance/Accounting/Business preferred
- Accounts Payable certification a plus
- 1-4 years Accounts Payable experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Travel and Entertainment expense review experience a plus
Consistent with GATX policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and if eligible per CDC guidance to receive a COVID-19 booster shot, subject to accommodation.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.