GATX is seeking a driven, results-oriented professional to join us as an in-house corporate governance and securities specialist. The Assistant General Counsel-Securities will have subject matter expertise and experience with SEC, NYSE and NY requirements and filings, corporate governance and board matters, and a willingness and desire to expand into other areas to support business needs.
What is required of you?
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our business, its risks and opportunities, and provide legal advice to the company and senior leadership through a public company lens
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with SEC and securities-related regulatory requirements applicable to publicly-traded companies
- Provide counseling and advice on US securities laws and stock exchange requirements and reporting obligations
- Support preparation and review of SEC filings
- Responsible for the administration of the Company’s insider trading policy, and review of all Section 16 forms
- Assist in overall corporate secretarial functional matters, including preparation of notices, agendas and materials for board of directors and committee meetings, including board minutes, resolutions and actions, and preparation for annual shareholder meetings and for all company subsidiaries
- Provide legal support for equity-based compensation, change of control and other executive compensation arrangements
- Provide guidance and training regarding Regulations FD and G and insider trading, and related party transactions review
- Partner closely with finance and investor relations teams on financial reporting and disclosure matters and external communications
- Coordinate international and domestic subsidiary entity governance and maintenance
- Assist and support the Law Department in a very fast-paced but collaborative environment on a broad range of legal matters
What are we looking for?
- J.D. from top law school and admitted to and in good standing with IL bar
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant legal experience, with a combination of in-house experience and training at a nationally recognized law firm
- Extensive background with public company reporting is a must, including preparing/reviewing 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings
- Experience with ESG reporting, including governance and disclosure best practices with relevant policy positions of proxy advisory firms, ESG rating firms and rating agencies
- M&A and other transactional experience a plus
- Requires outstanding legal skills (e.g., drafting, negotiation and advice) and the ability to make sound judgment calls under pressure, in each case equal to that of an accomplished transactional senior associate or junior partner, with a high degree of initiative
Consistent with GATX policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and if eligible per CDC guidance to receive a COVID-19 booster shot, subject to accommodation.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.