This role creates and delivers learning and development solutions and experiences that foster career growth at GATX and develops talent that meets evolving business needs. This individual will also manage the Talent Review process for Operations, ensuring year-round activities take place to build diverse internal pipelines for leadership and critical positions.
Working in alignment with and support of the company’s Learning and Development (L&D) strategy, this individual develops and deploys a L&D strategy to maximize Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) performance within the Operations function at GATX North America Rail. The role will collaborate with the Operations L&D Governance Committee and other key stakeholders to develop and deploy the GATX Operations approach to include role-specific L&D paths, training content development, delivery methodology, training effectiveness evaluation, and technology evaluation / implementation. In addition, the role will be responsible for ensuring L&D efforts are standardized and scalable across functions and facilities within Operations. Finally, the role will be responsible for training administration and ensuring compliance with required training.
1. Role-Specific Learning: Develop, deploy and maintain role-specific L&D plans (impact maps and learning paths) for facility and corporate Operations roles for new and existing employees.
2. Cross-Operation Learning: Assess and manage learning needs, content and delivery methods to drive performance. Deploy improvements across Operations that facilitate multi-functional, standardized and scalable training.
3. Measurement and Administration: Define, develop, and manage operations training requirements; maintain a training effectiveness evaluation process; maintain Operations training administration system(s). Evaluate and develop the structure and effectiveness of GATX Operations training resources and spaces in which training is performed.
4. Talent Management: Manages data and reporting for Talent Management. Also, leads Talent Review process for Operations, ensuring year-round activities take place that support assessing, developing and retaining top talent. Effectively identifies and addresses talent gaps in the organization. Works closely with the Head of DEI to ensure talent management efforts are inclusive and support building diverse leadership pipelines. May participate and facilitate talent meetings and calibration sessions.
5. Performance Management, Assessments and Coaching: Leads the performance management program for Operations, including reporting and analysis. Delivers assessments and coaching that align with talent strategies. Provide valuable guidance on appropriate solutions and approaches.
Education and/or Experience required (including certifications):
Key Competencies (non-technical behavioral skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills):
Other (i.e., physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above):
Consistent with our policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay