Serves as a full-cycle Recruiter, interfacing regularly with hiring managers to understand and deliver on their talent needs. Sources passive candidates, creates interest and drives top talent to GATX. Leads recruitment strategy creation and execution, including finding and engaging passive candidates as well as executing throughout the full recruitment cycle. Drives college recruitment efforts; builds relationships with select universities and programs, while engaging and hiring in talent for Intern and early-career positions.
Key Job Activities:
• Serve as full-cycle recruiter.
• Position GATX as an employer of choice committed to hiring talented, engaged and diverse individuals who power our success.
• Understand the business and evolving talent needs of GATX; screen and match prospective candidates to current as well as future openings.
• Drive talent identification and attraction for mainly salaried positions by executing sourcing strategies via LinkedIn, string searches, data mining and other techniques.
• Partner with diverse organizations and maintain pipelines of diverse candidates.
• Contribute to a highly favorable experience for candidates and hiring managers.
• Stay up-to-date on the highly competitive labor market, share trends and insights with colleagues and continually refine search process to garner success.
• Contribute to Talent projects
• Build relationships with select universities and programs, plan activities that support these organizations, position GATX as an employer of choice, and attract diverse top talent to our internship and early-career opportunities.
• Utilize applicant tracking system (iCIMS) to manage open jobs, track candidate progress and mine candidates.
• Serve as an internal resource by providing career counseling that supports employee career goals and interests.
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Innovative Recruiter with 2+ years of experience finding and screening passive candidates using latest technologies, tools and strategies
• At least one year of additional experience serving as a full-cycle recruiter
• Experience building relationships with hiring managers and others as well as operating as part of an internal team
• Experience cultivating relationships with universities and professional organizations preferred
• Strong organizational and execution abilities; proven ability to continually improve processes
Other: Potential for some travel to represent GATX at Campus or Professional Recruitment events
Consistent with GATX policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and if eligible per CDC guidance to receive a COVID-19 booster shot, subject to accommodation.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.