Performs all functions of coil and valve repairs including necessary and essential repair to noted miscellaneous tank car fittings.
- Receives oral and written instructions as to the work to be performed.
- Install, test, repair, or renew interior and exterior coils, coil cradles and brackets.
- Use drawings and sketches to layour coil, bracket, and valve location.
- Refaces seaeting surfaces, not to include machining of surfaces.
- Install, test, repair, or renew miscellaneous tank fittings such as: safety vent, outlet nozzle, cap, induction pipe, high pressure manway bonnet, and gaskets.
- Use oxy-acetylene torch to perform burning operation as required.
- Clean dirt, grease, etc. from interior of tank.
- Work with welder on installation of coils as required.
- Set-up and operate bending, threading, and cut-off equipment to shape and fabricate pipe as required for installation.
- Communicate with supervisor as needed.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Comply with the established safety policies, support continuing awareness for safety and when possible, recommend specific changes and improvements to health and safety policies and programs.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as IO instructions, FM instructions, work orders, and AAR Field Manual.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide two digit numbers
- Ability to perform moderate physical exertion in performing arc welding on ground level and overhead.
- Ability to safetly lift up to 51 lbs regularly and safely lift up to 85 lbs occasionly from the ground surface.
- Must be able to push/pull horizontally up to 140 lbs of force.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperature environments.
- Must be able to physically enter confined space and work in enclosed environments.
GATX embraces diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Follow us on LinkedIn!