Position Purpose: The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring that wagon manufacturers meet GATX guidelines and requirements in regards to quality. Towards the same, the person in this role will set up the Quality Assurance processes and system. The person will also ensure that these wagons are manufactured as per guidelines and technical standards issued by RDSO and IR. This position will also be responsible for the carrying out inspections of used (existing) wagons owned and for monitoring the repair and maintenance activities of the wagons.
% Time Spent
1. New Wagon Manufacturing: Perform inspection as per GIPL QAP, supervise and guide third party inspectors for performing the inspection as per GIPL QAP. Coordinate with the wagon manufacturer, for day-to-day inspection activities, for ensuring the wagon manufacturing process, and for ensuring the final product to GIPL’s expectations. Handle joint inspections with the customers for the rake delivery.
2. Inspection of GIPL fleet: Perform inspection of the existing GIPL fleet as per the SOP, compilation of report and distribution to the concerned team members.
3. Assist the team by carrying out supervision and inspection of
· Fleet Repair & Upgrade: Work with Indian Railways or other authorized agencies to supervise the repair, upgrade, and maintenance of GATX wagons. Ensure that all standards and procedures and adhered and quality maintained.
· Used Wagon Inspection: Perform inspection of the used wagon and compile the observation report
· Physical Verification: Perform the physical verification of the fleet under the guidance of the lead member as per SOP
· Commissioning of the Rakes: Represent GIPL for the commissioning of the rakes.
Scope of Work: The individual filling this position will interact with U.S. based engineers, management at GIPL, multiple manufactures (management and field personnel), RDSO, RITES, and third-party operators. The primary area of impact for this position is the quality of any wagon being inducted into the GIPL fleet – new or used – and also ensuring that the GIPL’s needs and expectations are met. The decisions made by this individual are within the stated requirements of documented guidelines prepared by GATX engineers, regulatory agencies, and customers. This position has no direct reports.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education: Level of Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
A minimum of 5 years of heavy-equipment fabrication/repair maintenance and inspection experience
The candidate should have extensive knowledge about welding technology, fabrication and related standards. Additional knowledge of aspects of Rail Car (RDSO and RITES) designs, IR regulations/standards, and IR rules regarding clearing of designs and inspection procedures involved will be a plus. Familiarity to Solid modelling and FEA would be a plus.
Other (i.e., physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above):
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, climb, kneel and crouch. This position requires moderate physical activity.
The candidate will be expected to travel extensively
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay