The proposed hire will support all aspects of direct tax matters – regulatory filings, maintaining records, deferred tax calculations, prepare various tax and accounting reports, handle additional administrative matters related to customer compliance with lease agreements with respect to timely information. Handling tax queries, audits, assessments, working with internal and external stakeholders and cross functional teas.
Handling financial and accounting systems; processes; and financial reporting, budgets and MIS.
Supporting internal and external audits.
1. Income Tax compliance and positions
· Direct Tax filings including Income Tax, TDS etc.
· Prepare tax reports in a timely manner
· Support accounting in the tax matters
· Review tax payments
· Deferred tax working and reports
· Handle tax audits – internal and departmental; filing of responses and represent before the authorities
· Follow up to tax advisors on various tax matters including tax filings, tax audits and review draft responses to the tax office; manage overall relationships
· Provide regular updates on tax matters.
· Support CFO on tax positions and formulation of tax strategy
2. FP&A support
· Support preparation of Monthly and Quarterly operating reports and its analysis
· Support preparation of budgets and forecasts
3. Accounting and financial reporting
· Support critical accounting activities such as lease classification by collection of data and analysis, support internal and external audits (statutory and tax audits);
· Prepare various financial reports including drafting of financial statements and GATX specific reports
· Support accounting research and policy
· Preparing and updating critical processes and policies.
4. Other accounting and regulatory work, including preparation and review of documents, reports, follow ups etc.
Job/Work Environment Characteristics:
Graduate with chartered accountant certification (member of ICAI / passed final exams).
Tax, Finance and Accounting matters
3 to 5 years of experience in relevant areas – post completion of CA; candidates from MNCs preferred.
Proficiency in MS-Office applications
Knowledge of basic accounting concept and direct and indirect taxation
How will success be measured in this position:
Communicate clearly and professionally
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay