Position Purpose: The Executive Assistant to the President & MD is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President & MD and managing the organization’s office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Key Job Activities:
% of Time Spent
Executive Assistant responsibilities
· Provide calendar management for President & MD.
· Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes.
· Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President & MD’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including:
· assisting with special projects;
· designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; composing and preparing correspondence;
· collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties;
· maintaining contact database;
· making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
· Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the President & MD, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
· Work closely with the President & MD to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
· Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
· Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President & MD and team, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
General Office Administration
· Supervise general office administration, such as
· Selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
· Liaison with vendors such as car rental, hotels, IT & telecommunication service providers to ensure efficient and cost effective services.
· Negotiation of service contracts in line with GIPL’s requirement.
· Management of efficient delivery of housekeeping, security, stationery supply, pantry supply, IT consumables and courier services.
· Maintenance of all Office infrastructure and equipment, timely renewal of AMC’s
· Prepare admin budget recommendations.
· Provide event management support as requested.
· Provide logistical support to visiting GATX senior leadership personnel
Scope of Work:
This position will interact with all levels of employees throughout the company including executive management as well as external parties like customers, partners, business associate and vendors.
Job / Work Environment Characteristics:
Position requires highest level of professionalism, cooperation, confidentiality and a friendly and courteous disposition
Qualifications / Requirements
Type and Amount (# of years) of Experience and Knowledge
How will success be measured in this position:
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay