The purpose of this position is to support Investor Relations and Community Engagement efforts. Responsibilities include analyzing relevant financial, operational, market, and other related data as well as competitive benchmarking. This position also will support community engagement initiatives, including employee volunteerism, and contribute to effective internal and external communication.
- Assist in the creation, development, and updating of investor presentation materials by working cross-functionally to gather necessary financial and operational data. Coordinate tracking and analysis of shareholder base, analyst estimates, research, and financial models. Monitor company and industry news (including traditional media outlets and social media) to track peer performance, and other intelligence. Coordinate and support targeting of prospective investors. Support investor events, including conferences, one-on-one meetings, and non-deal roadshows.
- Provide input on and support preparation of community engagement strategic plans, budgets, and volunteer data. Support coordination and implementation of employee volunteer events, including tracking attendees and participation. Process nonprofit donations, including customer sponsorships and employee matching gifts, and track against budget. Serve on annual fundraising committee and collaborate with employee volunteers to help execute campaign. Stay informed on best practices in corporate community engagement.
- Leverage PowerBI’s data analytics capabilities to drive better insight to support department goals for improved coverage and reporting.
- Research and prepare summary reports on ESG trends and the investor evaluation process. Stay informed on emerging issues and investment community expectations related to sustainability and other ESG matters. Assist in the development of ESG materials. Assist in maintaining internal control processes to track and validate ESG metrics and data disclosure. Maintain a database to help manage relationships with ESG rating firms, and work with functional departments to ensure timely and accurate responses to disclosure requests.
- Assist as needed with external and internal communications, including developing and posting content to GATX’s social media platforms. Help ensure the website remains up to date. Assist as needed with requests for assistance with external or internal communications or presentations.
The role will interact internally with leaders & subject matter experts of multiple departments, including Financial Reporting, Treasury, IT, HR, Legal, EH&S, and Commercial. There may be some external communication with leaders of the charities supported by GATX and some media communication.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial acumen
- Analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels
- Project management skills
- Passion for community service
Some travel may be required.
Consistent with our policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.