The purpose of this position is to repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain shop facilities, machinery and equipment. This individual will also support the Quality Supervisor by maintaining the gauges throughout the shop.
% Time Spent
· Identify and perform all tool, equipment, machinery and building maintenance repairs.
· Update and manage the preventative maintenance and asset management programs.
· Establish and maintain a good working relationship with vendors of parts and services related to maintenance.
· Maintain inventory of appropriate replacement parts and maintenance stock.
· Ensure equipment logs are maintained and provided to the appropriate parties for reporting purposes.
· Supporting the Quality Supervisor through the maintenance of the gauges throughout the shop.
· Updating GagePack
· Support the shop via ad-hoc maintenance projects.
· Capital project support (e.g. work with the Repair Center Manager to get quotes from various vendors)
· Support the shop’s 5S projects (e.g. identify opportunities, work with Continuous Improvement team to implement changes)
· Train on switching and serve as a back-up to the switch crew on an as-needed bais
Scope of Work:
Education and/or Experience Required (including certifications):
Key Competencies (non-technical behavioral skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), in priority order. Select from “key competencies for job descriptions” list:
Other (i.e., physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above):
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Consistent with GATX policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to accommodation.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay