The Senior Compensation Analyst will be a key member of the compensation team supporting the strategy development, design and administration of our global compensation and total rewards programs. This includes evaluating jobs, assisting with the administration of the company’s short- and long-term incentive plan programs, participating in compensation surveys, and administering the market-pricing platform. It will also be involved in ad-hoc analyses projects and other duties as assigned by management.
- Conducts job evaluations and make salary and job grade recommendations ensuring competitive and equitable pay
- Partners with HR business partners and HRIS to execute annual merit and bonus processes in PeopleSoft
- Collaborates with North America and international compensation leaders on a variety of compensation projects and programs
2.Short- and Long-term Incentive Plan Programs
- Maintains controls of short-term incentive plans for executive officers, salaried employees and sales team
- Participates in bonus plans design, execution and communication working with stakeholders across the company
- Support long-term equity strategy and programs that attract, reward and retain domestic and international talents
- Coordinate stock option exercise process internally and externally
- Assist with quarterly reconciliations
- Provides data support to internal and external auditors
3.Annual Survey Participation/MarketPay Administration
- Participate in professional, middle management and executive compensation surveys
- Review and match jobs in MarketPay
- Manage survey submissions and survey results
- Ensure employee data, job data and job structures are up to date and accurate in MarketPay
- Ad hoc analyses and reports
- Project collaboration within HR
- Assists with preparation of analysis and materials for Compensation Committee/executive management review meetings and other leadership presentations and annual proxy statement
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 years of broad-based compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience working in a publicly traded company
- Experience in incentive plan design and other total rewards strategies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications, advanced proficiency in Excel with knowledge and experience using MS Excel’s vlookup function, formula creation, and pivot tables to assist with reporting and analyses
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience with HRIS system (PeopleSoft) and compensation market pricing platform (MarketPay) is preferred
- Prior experience with stock plan administration platform (ShareWorks by Morgan Stanley) is preferred
- Experience working in a global company is preferred
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and efficient in documentation
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong ethic, integrity and confidentiality skills
Other (i.e., physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above):
This is a hybrid position, which will require the employee to work in the office at least 60% of a given month throughout the year. The employee may work remotely the balance of the time, apart from year-end or as needed.
Consistent with our policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.