Support the Investment Risk Management team in evaluating the investment risks of proposed transactions with new and existing customers. Provide research, spread financial statements, and make recommendations on investments in addition to setting customer credit limits and ratings in the context of GATX’s investment philosophy. Perform periodic credit analysis, oversee the monthly publication of several internal credit reports, and assist the team with other due diligence tasks.
- Perform credit risk analysis on new and existing customers, and provide industry and company research. Assess and recommend credit ratings, limits, and credit enhancements as appropriate given GATX’s risk tolerance and credit policies. Communicate recommendations to Manager, IRM on a timely basis and follow up to ensure that limits and ratings have been set. Communicate associated credit ratings and capacity limits to appropriate individuals in sales, fleet portfolio management, and various levels of management. Provide credit support and perform analytics where necessary.
- Responsible for periodic reporting, including oversight, creation, and distribution of reports.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and provide general support to the IRM group as directed.
- Various levels of management throughout GATX
- Entire deal team (legal, accounting, sales, equipment, pricing, management, etc.)
- Customers’ financial reporting contacts
Education and/or Experience Required:
- BS in Business, Finance or related field.
- Experience performing financial statement analysis including cash flow metrics.
- 2 to 5+ yrs. credit or financial analysis experience, particularly from the operational perspective, such that the candidate is comfortable making independent decisions (including the rejection or terms’ modification) of customer transactions.
- Outside candidates must have formal credit training experience.
- Strong communication, oral and written
- Ability to communicate complex subjects succinctly and accurately
- Sound judgment, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Problem identification and resolution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Consistent with our policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.