The Senior Locomotive Maintenance & Compliance Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing direct support to the locomotive maintenance team but will also support the railcar maintenance team on an as-needed basis. Key components of the position will include: monitoring locomotive maintenance to ensure compliance with federal standards, providing in-depth analysis of locomotive fleet performance and railcar maintenance facility metrics, and providing recommendations on ways to improve upon those metrics. This individual will also develop and maintain records that relate to all aspects of locomotive maintenance and support ad-hoc projects at the direction of the Senior Director of North America Service Centers and Locomotives.
Locomotive Mechanical Analysis
· Ensure GATX’s locomotive fleet complies with all Federal requirements
· Stay up-to-date on all federal regulations that pertain to GATX’s fleet of locomotives
· Develop and maintain locomotive mechanical records in conjunction with various GATX groups.
· Work with locomotive mechanical personnel to develop component change out forms with regards to keeping up-to-date change out records of GATX locomotive components.
· Evaluate key performance and compliance metrics and determine ways to improve those metrics.
· Evaluate performance of both net lease fleet and contract maintenance fleet and determine ways to improve efficiency.
· Analyze current platforms that house mechanical data to see if any efficiencies can be gained with other platforms.
· Work with senior managers of contract maintenance in both Galena Park and outside of Galena Park to ensure locomotive records are kept up to date, date and maintained in proper order.
· Perform field audits of key locomotive components to ensure current records are up to date.
· Provide reports at the request of Director Locomotive Mechanical for use at the executive levels of GATX.
Customer Support / Admin Activities
· Enter data from field inspections to ensure locomotive records are up to date and accurate.
· Serve as a liaison between GATX and customers with questions surrounding mechanical records keeping.
· Serve as a resource for other GATX Rail Locomotive personnel in regards to questions surrounding current locomotive records and federal regulations.
· Attend industry events that may pertain to locomotive regulations.
· Provide analysis at the request of commercial team members in regards to locomotive specifications.
· Must be able to travel to customer sites and inspect locomotives to ensure current records are accurate and up to date.
· Review customer leases to ensure all customers are up to date on locomotive mechanical records.
Service Center Analysis
· Gather and analyze revenue and cost data for GATX Service and Repair Centers.
· Prepare presentations to summarize analytical findings.
· Work with cross-functional groups within the Operations team on various cost-benefit analysis projects.
The position will play an integral part of GATX’s maintenance network operations, including both locomotive and railcars. The ability to manage and maintain GATX’s locomotive mechanical records, as well as perform data analysis and reporting for the maintenance network will enable the network to complete initiatives in a timely manner. Attention to detail is an absolute must in this position as data and analysis must be accurate and concise. Travel to customer sites will be required, so knowledge of FRA requirements is essential. This position does not have direct reports.
Education and/or Experience Required (including certifications):
Other (i.e., physical requirements, travel, etc. that is not covered above):
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Estimates of % time spent are estimates of average; these proportions may change and/or fluctuate over time.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay