The Tax Accountant, Domestic and International is responsible for international and domestic tax compliance including analysis, preparation and review. This person supports the International group by helping with analysis of foreign earnings, taxes, tax accounting and transfer pricing and in completion of related compliance in connection with GATX foreign subsidiaries and joint ventures. On the Domestic side, the Accountant will also prepare Domestic compliance and state returns in relation with GATX domestic subsidiaries.
- COMPLIANCE: Compile, analyze, and prepare U.S. tax reporting for foreign and domestic businesses including Forms 1120, 5471, 8858, 1042, 8832, etc. using Excel, SAP, and CorpTax. The Accountant will interact with Business Units in soliciting information. These duties include providing support in connection with audit inquiries. The work requires strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- STATE COMPLIANCE: Prepare state compliance as directed by the Domestic Tax Manager. Assist in compiling information for apportionment. Assist in preparing annual reports and state estimated tax payments. Gather information as directed for state income and franchise tax audits.
- TAX ACCOUNTING: Assist in compiling information for quarterly tax accounting in support of global tax accounting and financial reporting.
- AD-HOC PROJECTS: Assist in projects as needed for both the International and Domestic tax teams.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with an interest in taxation.
- 1-2 years of business experience in a professional office environment preferred, through part-time work or internships.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite applications. Experience with CorpTax (or comparable) tax software a plus.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to be self-sufficient and proactive and to work well in a team environment
- Self-starter with good problem solving skills
- Willingness/availability to work overtime as required.
- Limited travel may be required (i.e., 1-2 weeks).
- This is a hybrid position which will require the employee to work in the office at least 3 days a week throughout the year. The employee may work remotely the balance of the time, apart from quarter and year end close when work is fully in-office.
Consistent with our policy, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.