Performs all functions of coil and valve repairs including necessary and essential repair to noted miscellaneous tank car fittings.
- Receives oral and written instructions as to the work to be performed.
- Install, test, repair, or renew interior and exterior coils, coil cradles and brackets.
- Use drawings and sketches to layour coil, bracket, and valve location.
- Refaces seaeting surfaces, not to include machining of surfaces.
- Install, test, repair, or renew miscellaneous tank fittings such as: safety vent, outlet nozzle, cap, induction pipe, high pressure manway bonnet, and gaskets.
- Use oxy-acetylene torch to perform burning operation as required.
- Clean dirt, grease, etc. from interior of tank.
- Work with welder on installation of coils as required.
- Set-up and operate bending, threading, and cut-off equipment to shape and fabricate pipe as required for installation.
- Communicate with supervisor as needed.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Comply with the established safety policies, support continuing awareness for safety and when possible, recommend specific changes and improvements to health and safety policies and programs.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as IO instructions, FM instructions, work orders, and AAR Field Manual.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply or divide two digit numbers
- Ability to perform moderate physical exertion in performing arc welding on ground level and overhead.
- Ability to safetly lift up to 51 lbs regularly and safely lift up to 85 lbs occasionly from the ground surface.
- Must be able to push/pull horizontally up to 140 lbs of force.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperature environments.
- Must be able to physically enter confined space and work in enclosed environments.