A message from the Chairman, President and CEO:
Our vision is to be recognized as the finest railcar leasing company in the world by our customers, our shareholders, our employees and the communities where we operate. Consistent with that vision, we strive to attain the highest levels of safety, quality and environmentally responsible performance through the following actions:
- fostering a culture that makes safety a top priority, and using measurements to assess performance and drive improvement initiatives;
- providing the training and equipment needed for our employees to avoid injury, damage to property or damage to surrounding communities;
- providing robust hands-on training in the proper use and handling of railcars for customers, railroads and first responders;
- performing required maintenance at designated intervals to ensure our railcars comply with federal regulations and our customers’ standards;
- maintaining one of the largest railcar engineering teams in North America to ensure optimal fleet performance and
- actively participating in shaping the regulatory landscape.
From our Responsible Care® certification to our GATX TankTrainer™, we work tirelessly to make safety an essential part of our culture.
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer