The position will be responsible for originating, supporting and closing transactions with new and existing customers to meet GIPL’s renewal, assignment and investment objectives and maximize return on the portfolio.
% Time Spent
1. Maintain excellent relationships with existing Clientele
· Ensure customer retention and account performance; help identify, evaluate and execute opportunities for additional business with existing customers
· Play the lead in resolving any customer issues that may come up by effectively liaising with the requisite functional departments and escalating matters, if and when required
· Recognize and develop opportunities to invest in customer owned assets if they align with GIPL’s portfolio strategies
2. New Business Development
· The incumbent has primary responsibility for developing new relationships that lead to new business opportunities in line with GIPL strategy
· Responsible for internal and external initiatives for scoping of new business opportunities. Lead/support co-ordination with external parties in the event that such studies are carried out externally
3. Active Support in Sales activities
· Ensure effective communication with other functional teams to enhance the customer experience and close transactions by leveraging those skills and knowledge
· Assist the Head-Sales in Budget preparation, monitoring and analysis
· Assist in preparing Sales presentations, market/ industry reports
· Ensure regular updates in CRM and reliability of the database by periodic checks on data integrity
· Support Head Sales in developing the Sales function
· Support own and other functional departments, as directed, in evaluating new projects, studies, etc
4. Compliance & Documentation
· Ensure compliance with the terms of agreement between GIPL and customers.
· Ensure all requisite documents with regard to transactions are up to date at all times.
· Ensure proposals are delivered to customers in accordance with legal and contractual requirements
5. Promote GATX Brand
· Build GATX brand in India. Conceptualize/lead/participate in brand promotion activities, customer get-togethers, conferences etc.
Interaction: Briefly describe the level/type of contacts that will interact with the position.
Education and/or Experience required (including certifications):
Key Competencies (non-technical behavioral skills, i.e. presentation, negotiation, customer service skills), in priority order. Select from “key competencies for job descriptions” list:
GATX embraces diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date. Please switch to a different, up-to-date browser to experience more security, speed and best user experience on the site.Okay