GATX Corporation (“Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting and processing your personal information in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which we operate.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- From you or that you may provide when you visit this website www.gatx.com and other Company sites (our “Website”or “site”)
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- The Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including information:
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, IP addresses and usage details
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as gender, age, marital status and education level (“Demographic Information”); and/or
- That can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering or creating access codes to use one of our sites, subscribing to one of our services, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us to inquire about Company operations or request information about our products or services.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The information collected automatically includes:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to block or delete all cookies in your browser’s settings using the links provided below. Please note that if you block essential cookies, certain parts of the Site may not function properly.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
You can also opt-out of automatic tracking by clicking on this link: Change your consent
Information collected automatically is not combined with personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not allow third parties to install cookies for the collection and use of your information to serve interest-based advertising.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GATX Corporation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GATX Corporation about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages.
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of this Website
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GATX Corporation, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- If you are located in a jurisdiction with notice and opt-out laws regarding tracking technologies, such as the state of California, we will provide you a notice at collection and information concerning your rights to opt-out of the collection of usage information. Please note that you cannot opt-out of tracking technologies that are strictly necessary.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected or processed, including complying with legal and regulatory obligations such as accounting, document retention requirements and the prosecution and defense of legal claims. Because the circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, the information provided in a specific notice may provide more detailed information on applicable retention terms.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address provided under Contact Information. California residents under 13 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Links to other Websites and Third Party Applications
We may provide links to third party websites or applications. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. You should become familiar with the third-party sites’ privacy policies before using the links or applications. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
233 S Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606-7147
312.621.6200 or 800.428.8161
233 S Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606-7147
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer, Niyi Adedoyin
Last modified: November 10, 2022